St Vincent De Paul Society
CEO Sleepout, June 2012
105,000 homeless people in Australia. Over half of those seeking supported accommodation are turned away. St Vinnie’s encourage CEOs to sleep rough in the name of abolishing these appalling statistics.
To help eliminate homelessness in Australia using digital innovation and prowess to promote the St Vinnie’s events across the nation.
- Establish and maintain engagement with CEOs and the general public Australia-wide
- Distribute event information and news
- Connect participants and supporters through an online hub
- Develop secure and reliable tools for online donations.
Working to a tight schedule with big expectations, the Osky team created a powerful and intuitive platform that centralised the fundraising effort through seven payment gateways and coordinated the nationwide events. Osky created a set of technologies and combined them with a smart user experience design to ensure they delivered the project in full scope. A high level of communication was used throughout the development to ensure timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
In Xero CEO Chris Ridd's blog post about his Sleepout experience, he describes the Osky solution.
- Over $5 million dollars was raised through the platform created by Osky
- 1,033 CEOs and business leaders slept out across Australia (including CEOs from some of Australia’s largest corporations)
- Social media was successfully integrated to help spread the word to the general public and potential donors
- The site remains relevant and is now actively promoting the 2013 sleepout.
"Osky were the only web developers we consulted able to build the site to the tight timeframes and to the budget we required. Ken and his team have an expansive technical skill set, but were able to explain functionalities to the project team in layman terms. Similarly they were able to take our layman terms requests and bring our vision to life.”
Chantelle Johnson, St Vincent De Paul Society